By providing an opportunity for children in the community to participate in sports activities, you will be keeping them active and fit; and steering them away from negative things in life such as drugs, drinking and crime.
Through sports we aim inspire kids and give them opportunities that do not exist in their normal environment.
The most popular sports with the local children are soccer and netball; however we encourage volunteers to share their personal skills and introduce new sports to the children.
You may be running your own independent sports workshops or assisting local community members with sports workshops.
Ever dreamed of volunteering in Africa?
Now you can!
- Assisting with sports activities at schools and/or community centres
- Introducing new sports to the kids (baseball, cricket, basketball depending on your skills and interests)
- Development of sport related activities and manuals
- Partnership with Liberia Sports School
- Almost 550 children reached to date
Current Project Needs
- Volunteer manpower
- Soccer balls and netballs
- Development of coaching manuals