Our Support for the Disabled project is aimed at providing company and support to the residents of a local old age centre.
Our volunteers provide an opportunity for residents to participate in a variety of different programmes, including exercise programmes, arts and craft activities, group games, story reading, gardening and more!
Through this project we are able to keep the residents mentally and physically active, provide them with emotional support, and provide an opportunity for cultural exchange.
Ever dreamed of volunteering in Africa?
Now you can!
- Preparing activities for each visit
- Assisting with the facilitation of activities
- Interacting with residents
- Further development of the project
- 112 volunteer hours contributed in 2015
- 3 events organised
- 20 community members reached
Current Project Needs
- Volunteer manpower
- Activity ideas
- Fund-raising for the centre