Liberia is no exception when dealing with poverty and Youth unemployment, especially youth unemployment. This remains the crisis of our time. Creating gainful employment for young people is vital for peace, security, and economic transformation of the state.
Be The Change Academy is a Youth-Led Job and Enterprise Creation program. BTCA provides step-by-step support to guide young people through the process of identifying a possible business opportunity, undertaking market research, developing a budget and business financing plan, and to launch their own business. The approach ensures that training is integrated through every step and ensures that participants gain the vital business skills they need through: .
- Recruit trainees; run the workshops and execute the Certification process.
- Research and find out best practice from other local enterprise training and/or micro-credit enterprise creation organizations.
- Work with government and donor officials to secure continuity funding to support on-going BTCA training
- Losing weight
- Develop and implement a monitoring and impact evaluation system, setting up reliable control groups, developing/adapting questionnaires, writing up reports for sponsors etc.
- Fund-raising: identify potential funding sources; write letters and proposals, make phone calls, do pitches with local staff and volunteers to secure new local funding for the BTCA; .